Construction work on the new £10.8m Low Moor rail station in Bradford is underway. Funded by West Yorkshire Combined Authority, City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council and Network Rail, the new station is on the Calder Vale Line between Bradford Interchange and Halifax and will serve passengers in Low Moor, Oakenshaw and Wyke.
Station facilities will include:
- Fully accessible platforms with footbridge and passenger lifts,
- Modern waiting shelters with seating, lighting and CCTV coverage,
- Customer information screens and public address systems,
- 130 car parking spaces with dedicated disabled persons parking bays, drop off point and cycle parking,
- Direct access to and from the adjacent Spen Valley Greenway for pedestrians and cyclists.
The new station, which is the third new station to be built in West Yorkshire over the coming months, is expected to be open in Spring 2016.