Workforce Development & Skills Needs – Business Consultation
- What workforce and recruitment issues are facing your business now and in the future?
- Does the local population have the skills, knowledge and experience that you need to help your business continue to succeed?
- What would you like to see done differently to meet forthcoming challenges in this area?
This consultation event will look at Bradford Council’s draft Workforce Development Plan (aka ‘Skills Plan’) and we are inviting businesses to attend and feed in their views.
While the Economic Strategy for Bradford contains bold aspirations on skills, employment and productivity, it’s recognised that a delivery plan is needed to achieve them. This is your opportunity to comment on that plan – I do hope that you are able to join us.
When: Noon-2pm (buffet lunch from noon; commence at 12.30), Wednesday 13 February 2019
Where: Bradford Chamber, Devere House, Vicar Lane, Bradford BD1 5AH
What: Business Consultation Event on Bradford’s Workforce Development Plan
Who: Matt Findull & Phil Hunter, Bradford Council
To Attend: Phone the Chamber on 01274 230057 or email here
More information is available on request. The delivery plan aims to:
(a) Build the skills employers need via
- a sector-based approach through expanding Industrial Centres of Excellence for careers and technical education
- Secure high-functioning, effective post-16 education provision
- robust research and analysis to provide the skills you need
(b) Build a more productive workforce with
- improved leadership and management, workforce practices and inclusive recruitment
- ‘Anchor Institutions’ to recognise high-road employers with good practices
- a ‘one-stop’ brokerage system to help employers find the talent they need
(c) Connect communities to good work through
- Supporting vulnerable young people and jobseekers into work
- Supporting the local unemployed through ‘SkillsHouse’.