Incommunities are running three weekly Work Clubs in the Keighley area to help residents into work and also access training.
These free drop-in sessions have been set up by the housing group’s Community Resilience
Team and cover:-
- sourcing local job sites
- preparing CVs
- completing job applications
- and learning basic computer skills
The work clubs take place as follows:-
- Monday – 9.30am – 12.30pm – The Rainbow Children’s Centre, Keighley, BD22 6JB
- Wednesday – 9.30am – 12.30pm – Sue Belcher Centre, BD22 7AE
- Thursday – 10am – 12noon – Hainworth Wood Community Centre, BD21 5NG
The housing group also run sessions for job seekers every Tuesday (10am to 12 noon) at its Construction Training Centre at Hillam Road, Bradford.
Will Jennings, Community Resilience Team Manager said: “We are aware from our customer feedback that there is a real need for a friendly one-to-one service that gives people practical support to get into employment. These work clubs aim to give people guidance and confidence to get job ready.
“This free service is open to anyone looking for their first job or wanting to get back into work after a break in employment.”
To find out more about the work clubs ring Tracy Tough on 01274 257788 or email firstname.lastname@example.org