Business Members for Business, Innovation and Growth; Employment and Skills; and Green Economy LEP Panels Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP)
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Salary: Pro bono, up to one day per month
The Leeds City Region has a population of 3 million, a workforce of 1.4 million and 106,000 businesses. As the largest economic hub outside of London, the region’s contribution to the UK economy is significant, standing at £56bn, or 5%. The Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP) has a clear ambition; to deliver an extra £5.2bn in economic output and an extra 62,000 jobs in the Leeds City Region by 2021.
The LEP is a business-led partnership that works closely with government to unlock the potential of the City Region, developing an economic powerhouse that creates jobs and prosperity. Since inception, the LEP has provided strong strategic leadership, with a key focus on enabling business and enterprise to thrive. With a number of important achievements already under its belt, and having just assumed responsibility for almost £1bn of government and EU funding, the LEP now seeks a number of individuals to join the group of LEP panels and continue its success as it enters a crucial phase of delivery.
- To contribute as part of a multi-sectoral panel, with a focus on creating jobs and economic prosperity across the Leeds City Region
- Operate as a key ambassador across the business sector and with wider stakeholders, championing the aims and ambitions of the LEP locally, regionally and nationally
- Raise the profile and understanding of economic potential with local and national stakeholders.
- A confident and commercial senior business professional, with a strong understanding of the economy and the external factors affecting it
- Sound and current leadership experience at the most senior of levels, with the ability to navigate across a complex stakeholder landscape
- A personal or professional affiliation with the LEP area, which covers all West Yorkshire, York, Harrogate, Craven, Selby and Barnsley.