Nick Garthwaite – MD at Christeyns
All about me…
- I live in Menston
- Up to 2010, I worked at Siemens (formerly Flender) in Thornbury
- I trained as a mechanical engineer at David Brown Gear Industries, Huddersfield
- I love the outdoors, and am particularly fond of walking – I’ve climbed Mont Blanc, and been on the Matterhorn
- I get a buzz out of seeing people’s success (“Cultural change is so important for many businesses in order to get employees engaged”)
- What do I want to achieve during my two-year tenure?
- A continued focus on the skills gap and how we get young people ready for work and indeed into work from school (where that is the most appropriate route rather than straight to university)
- To build on the already well-established work going on within the Chamber on increasing membership for the right reasons, helping businesses to develop further.
Christeyns is an international firm producing chemicals and other cleaning products for the world market since 1946.